Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery or 3D brows, is a relatively new manual method for enhancing eyebrows. It is considered to be permanent makeup, as compared to the traditional hair stroke technique done by machine. It is done using a handheld tool (pen) with a very fine needle grouping to deposit pigment into the dermis. Because the color is closer to the surface, the strokes appear crisp and very fine. There is no spilling under the skin.
The difference with this and ordinary permanent makeup is that microblading is not done by a machine. The pigment is manually placed into the skin. The microblading manual pen is equipped with sterile packaged blades. The needle grouping glides with gentle pressure over the skin and causes fine cuts, as fine as a paper cut, leaving a trace that can hardly be distinguished from real hair. Depending on the drawing technique – of which we are experts – it creates an individual look perfect for your face and the style you are trying to achieve. Above all 3D, or HD, eyebrows absolutely do not appear as a tattoo.
Microblading is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. The results are natural looking hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of the hair you currently have.
People suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania or any other condition that causes hair loss benefit greatly from microblading, as well as people who simply aren’t happy with their eyebrows.
Questions About Microblading?
New Treatment: $550
*Included with the New Treatment Service is a 4-8 week perfection touch up session. The session must be scheduled within 4-8 weeks of the initial service to receive it free of charge. If you schedule your session after 8 weeks, you do not show up for the session or cancel it in less than 72 hours, it will no longer be complementary and will cost $125. The perfection touch up must be completed otherwise a loss of pigments will result.
Annual Touchup (12-18 months): $350
*Please note that Reagan does not perform touchups on other microblading artists’ work.
Post Procedural Care for Microbladed Eyebrows
Please wash hands with antibacterial soap before you wash your eyebrows. Then wash your eyebrows EVERY HOUR very well with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water. Pat dry with a clean, lint free tissue then apply a very thin layer of the Skin Candy.
Keep eyebrows lightly glossed with the Skin Candy for three to four times a day for the next 7 days. Do not over use ointment. It should last you for 7 days, only apply very thin layer. Do not suffocate your eyebrows.
- Do not use any Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, Peroxide, Neosporin while healing
- Do not scrub or pick your eyebrows.
- Do not expose area to sun or tanning beds. Must use a wide brimmed hat if in the sun.
- Avoid any facials, swimming, whirlpools or sauna for 7 days.
- Do not exercise the first 3-5 days. No heavy sweating.
- No make-up on the eyebrows.
- Do not tint eyebrows for the next 10 days.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF PIGMENTS.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER MICROBLADING OR EYEBROW SHADING PROCEDURES:
- Slight swelling, thickness, and/or redness for one or two days following the procedure.
- It is normal to lose approximately 1/3 of the color during the healing process.
- After the initial procedure, the color may be a shade too dark; in six days it will appear to light after 10 days the color will show more.
- It will appear softer when completely healed because the color will come from dermal layer of the skin to the epidermal layer of the skin.
- Please be patient. Healing takes up to 30 days. In your next appointment more hairs can be added and make them perfect.
The brows are approximately 20 to 25% darker and bolder in the width than they will be when healed. Your skin is red under the pigment which causes the color of the pigment to appear darker. There is some swelling, although difficult to actually see due to the thickness of the skin in the eyebrow area. This will subside. Exfoliation, which begins in a few days, will cause the excess pigment surrounding the eyebrow procedure to flake away and a narrower appearance of your eyebrows. Don’t be concerned that your eyebrows initially appear darker and heavier in size than you desire. This is all part of the process.